Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Voyage of the Bon-Bons

To the faithful that drop by, a short bid adieu. No postings for a couple of weeks, but I'll be duly recording/interpreting the exploits of the fam in the next few weeks, so raw material will be chewed and mulled over into works-in-process and by mid-August, a finished product (or two) will hopefully appear for your reading pleasure.
I'll be having some grapes peeled and some bon-bons carefully unwrapped and plopped into my mouth.
A Fair Warning is issued here.
Some tourists will be scared off the beaches of Croatia with my approach. The landed whale is off on vacation!

From Vitrolica's Webb, ,Here's the cure! I'd tried a similar tact with no success. My son couldn't discern the sarcasm from the emulation. What are they teaching kids in college these days. Obviously not the pleasures of subtlety. Or, perhaps, it wasn't the idea it was the idea "carrier". If his baka had dressed up this way, the point may have been taken.
Or.
He may have just thought she was cool.

(Psst! To guarantee a great time and minimize the questioning from relatives as to how did I let myself go (down the road of appearance ruin), I'm vacationing with body doubles. Any personal appearances will be made by one of the 2 folks pictured here. While they're out there amongst the critcal rabble being the presentable me, I'll be holed up in a taverna chomping on burek, Granicarka salami, lemoned fish, and bread. Yes, lots of thick crusted hot bread.)

Labels:


Comments:
We're still waiting for a "How Do Balkan Women Stay So Thin?" media expose, aren't we?

Bon Voyage, DV - and godspeed. See if you can't struggle into an internet cafe once or twice while you're there, won't you?
 
Mr. WP: I now have a task, "Discovering the secret of the Balkan diet", for this trip. I'll give it my best by conducting the survey personally at any and all eating establishments. I'm hoping for a respite from the sun, the sea, the food, and the general delights and find a I-cafe somewhere.

Mr. BM: Thanks for dropping by. In my travels, I've found it best to have body doubles of both sexes handy. Certain soires seem a better fit for a man, while others are best attended in the guise of a woman. Besides, the stories culled by the female me always ring louder, truer, and funnier.
 
I was just about to make a fool of myself and comment on how handsome those Croatian men are.. Hey, I watch ER...Dr. Luke is a hunky guy. He can fix my femur any time...So, it was natural to believe Darkov was just as Davidesque.


Stay safe and have an absolutely exhilirating time!
 
I would like a souvenir Croatian castle jigsaw. Thank you. Also, a stick of that Granicarka salami if you can muscle it through customs. Ace.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter