Thursday, August 05, 2010

Luckily, Blogging Isn't My Job Or I...

..would have fired me a while back.  My attendance on this site seems to have been rather...uhmmmm...spotty of late.  With the recent (seems month-long) heat wave here in the Mid-Atlantic, lethargy has taken hold.  I've been reading quite a bit, i.e., enjoying the creative pains of someone else.  What has consumed me, what with the heat, the reading, the beat-me-up beating-down sun, is an appreciation for writers of the 1800's and 1900's from the Deep South.  How did Faulkner create such master works in the Age Sans A/C?  Did he write only at night?  Did he basically take a mulligan on the summer (that being from early April to early October)?  Or, most probably, am I a Heat Punk?  The short amoutns of time I spent in Florida convinced me that I'd never EVER be able to live down there.  Even a few years in North Carolina were too much.  Now, it seems even Delaware is too much heat.

I'll be seriously considering retiring to Newfoundland in 10-15 years.  Interesting, but introverted, people.   Mostly a cold climate.  CLiffs to jump off of if the heat wave extends that far north.  Yeah.  Newfoundland might just be the place to fend off the 95-100 degree days.

Well, after what seems an eternity, I'll be hosting the Morning After show this Sunday on WVUD, 91.3, Newark, DE.  Tons of great new music; limiting myself to 3 hours of music will be most difficult.  So, if you're holed up somewhere cool, like a cave or a full-blast droning A/C room, tune in form 9 'til 12 EST this Sunday morning.  I will attempt to send you a cold breeze of sound.

On the WWW, you can listen from this floating point or from here..

Update, 8/17/10:  Playlist for the show is here.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter