Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Knockin' on Heaven's Door




Yes! That Mungo Jerry.


Todd Snider - A simple bare version, probably closest to Bob Dylan's original


Grateful Dead In Paris, 1990 w/ Bruce Hornsby on accordian & Jerry on gorgeous vocals


Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler


Neno Belan & Fiumens (From the Land of the Croats)


Wyclef Jean



Warren Zevon


Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Neil young & all of the other guitar gods of my younger days


Cat Power, Live in Paris, 2003 @ la Cigale


Dolly Parton w/ Ladysmith Black Mambazo





And probably my favorite, Leningrad Cowboys with the Soviet Army Chorus. The entire concert Leningrad Cowboys (a Finnish rock group) did with the Soviet Army Chorus is here. I've watched it a few times and blogged about it here. Worth it!


Can't explain why I never get tired of this song and its many variations. Hope you enjoy some of these posted; they're a drop in the ocean.

Labels:


Comments:
Never been fond of this tune, really. Of all the poses Zimmerman has struck over the years, this one hits me as among the most disingenuous. Or maybe it's just that Axl Rose finally drove the wooden stake through its heart.
 
WP,
On different sides of the river on this one. Dating myself here...when Dylan & his Rolling Thunder review came through in Montreal, I caught the show and this song just got me. May have been the venue, may have been the folks I was with that night, maybe it was the army of musicians on the stage...but it got me in the heart...without the stake, though.
Axl Rose's version never got me...that little disrespectful snot-nosed picker
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter