Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Uptake or Lack Thereof

I've been accused, justifiably, of being somewhat slow on the uptake at times. Luckily, my comprehensive skills never put someone else or myself in the physical danger zone. No, it was the more harmful social cues, well, missed social cues, where I've been caught doing 25 mph in a 55 mile zone.

Say, like the situation with Searchie. She last posted back in April, April 26th to be exact, ending her entry, titled Adieu, with "And now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some living to do. It’s all about the journey, you see.....

Do widzenia
Ciao
".

She'd been on the trips to Eastern Europe that she mentioned each year before and her last entry seemed, on first reading, simply a short descriptive of this year's itinerary. So, I missed the boat and was of the mind that she'd be posting of her travels shortly. So, some of us (well, maybe just me) are on the pier thinking her ship's coming in when she has clearly purchased a one-way ticket out of her blog.
I think.
Unless I'm missing those social cues once again.
Well, Searchie, if it is a longer trip away from the terra firma of your blog, may you have a journey filled with surprise and awe, fear followed immediately with comfort, and happiness through it all.

Adieu, indeed.

Labels:


Comments:
i've wondered the same thing. I'm hoping that the return ship has just deposited her a ways from the blog and she will manage her way back to it shortly. Traveling can do that to a soul. Unless you're the County Clerk, who seems to have found a calling in Sweden.
 
I'm on the same pier. Even reading it again I get the impression she's coming back (to the blog, anyway). I'm certain that if she were virtually moving out that we would get a fairly clear indication.

Right?
 
I'm getting to beleive that Searchie out David Chase-d David Chase with this, perhaps her blog's ending.

Pretty darn clever, I'd say. Wonder what song's on the site's juke box?
 
Accordion :-)
Accordion :-)
Accordion :-)

Darko: got that? :-D
 
Alcessa,
I feel your tone.
I hear your pain.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter