Friday, June 01, 2007

Speeding to Nowheresville


I am going here on Saturday and I am not a happy camper. My lack of mirth has nothing to do with this. In fact, I'm actually looking forward to it. I've been residing in the First State for well over 15 years and have yet to have gone to any of the 2 NASCAR events held here every year. How I haven't gotten arrested yet for such a lack of participation in one of Delaware's main attractions is pure luck. I haven't researched the entire Code of Law in Delaware, but I'm pretty sure there's some regulation in there stating a resident of the state must go to the Monster Mile for a race at least once if said resident has resided in said state for over ten consecutive years. If there isn't one, there should be. I'll be posting pics and descriptives sometime next week, after fully recovering from the the Sun, the Suds, & the Speed.

My lack of mirth? The key gobbets are Homeland Security, US Embassy, family, and summer visits. I am still so teed off at this point to be able to write about this topic without bathing the entry in a full body acid wash. I promise to re-visit this topic. Going to the race on Saturday will, unfortunately, rub in the pain more as it was an event I was not going to attend without a certain visitor who, unfortunately, will not be visiting this great country. Let me just finish by stating that it's a sad state of (foreign) affairs our country has come to when dealing with those folks who aren't our citizens.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I am very sorry that your friend/family member(s) won't be visiting. It is a real shame that decent human beings are prohibited from entering our country for all of the bureaucracy that exists around the world due to a few heinous individuals.

But I do look forward to your race report. Perhaps the roar of the engines, the ash of molten tires, and free flowing beer suds in the baking hot sun will somehow soothe your pain? Doubtful, but there's always hope. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter