Friday, May 25, 2007

One Last Plea

Voting ends at the end of today for The Third Annual Satin Pajamas awards given out as a result of YOUR voting. Didn't have a chance to vote in the recent French elections? Then go here and vote for Isolglossia in the category of Best Expatriate Writing. He's only 2% points behind the tempting and Continental Le Blagueur à Paris.

Your choices are Isolglossia, an American in Slovenia who's busy creating boys and DIY Mac Cases.

Or.

Le Meg over at Le Blagueur à Paris, who, while thoroughly entertaining, witty, and self-deprecating (Lots of bonus points for the latter) is, uhhmmmm...well she, ahhhh, she doesn't seem to enjoy drinking beer. Yeah, that's a good reason for voting for Isolglossia, a man thoroughly capable in the matters of Babies & Beer.
So, please. Two minutes of your time here and click on Isolglossia.

Often. Clicking often is a good thing.



UPDATE:
Le Meg over at Le Blagueur à Paris has made quite a tempting offer.
" le Meg said...
The Darko Lord of the Tween Devil Squad hath appeared!

And is he asking me to barter?

I would certainly cede the western territory of Expat if he were to allow me the small kingdom of Writing.

Call off your dogs Darko!
"

Aside from her "complementary" phrasing, I think her proposal is quite the Gordian Knot solution to this dilemna.

So, please vote for Le Blagueur à Paris in the category of Best Writing here. She does deserve to win at least one of the awards that she's been nominated for.

Labels:


Comments:
typing one-handed, sweaty baby an sweaty beer in otha -- it humid here

just took lead this very minute ur prt in dis not 2 b undrestim8ed

!!!
 
I can't BELIEVE that there is someone on this planet who thinks that I don't enjoy beer.

The waiters at my local cafe actually refer to me as something which translates roughly as "giant anglo drinking wussy scarf boys under the table."

I know it's over Sgazzetti. I bow and shake my head and hope you will someday console me with beer.
 
I obeyed your every command, Mr. DarkoV. I do hope I am duly rewarded in heaven with the beers you have promised all around. ;-)
 
Le Meg,
A poor choice of arrows from the quiver of blog putdowns. My only excuse is that I was unable to find any entries on your blog regarding the Juice of Wheat & Hops, whereas Mr. Sgazzetti over @ Isoglossia had cases of suds-related stories.

I will take you on your word that your Nom de Francaise is translated as "giant anglo drinking wussy scarf boys under the table." That's quite a mouthful. Is there an extreme shoulder shrug thrown in for good measure?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter