Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm Official

Thanks to the sharp-eyed and ever-on-the-cutting-edge-of-esoterica Isoglossia and his link to Official Seal Generator, I am now classified as official in the blogosphere. I have a seal!
To commemorate the, now official, country of Verging on Pertinence, there will be some things happening.
Shortly, I'll be printing my own currency, tentatively to be issued as units of Nemam and my borders and flag will be announced within a month or so. Passports will be issued, naturally, but I have final say on the mug shot you want to be pasted inside. proof of residency is immaterial; we are all blogocitizens.

The country of Verging on Pertinence (VOP) traces its origins to Xeno's Paradox. Like the paradox, VOP is always striving forward, always attempting to get to the point. Unfortunately as we, meaning I, cross over the half-way point to comprehension, we are faced with the second half of that comprehension. Our constantly moving wordy feet strive on, only to, again, come to the half-way point. The infinitesmality of half-way is our daily destination here @ VOP.
It's half-way point haven here @ VOP. Damn that Xeno/Zeno and that Hare & Tortoise, while we're at it.

So,

Verging on Pertinence: Almost, But Never There

Comments:
Most interesting: The Polish version of "nemam" is "nie ma" (don't have).

There are quite a few very funny jokes that employ a variant of the "nie ma" expression -- all dirty, of course.
 
That symbol...quite pagan, it is.

Does it reflect Taurus perhaps?

Thanks for the link, I had fun!

Yulder! (my word verify)
 
Odmah mogu da ti nudim dva nemama za jedan imam.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter