Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Da Word


In her post for the last day of July, Searchie has a academic break-out moment. She is living dangerously, I believe. Where liquor, high speed, and a paranoid view of the world recently drove (sorry, no pun intended) Mel Gibson into a highly 7 deadly word pontification of the state of world domination by Jews rant, it was the dreaded IS Guy who drove her past the breaking point.

Courageous gal, she. I personally would never launch the F-bomb on a DP guy/gal. The revenge they could wreak is unfathomable. Without fathom.

I was stunned to read her admission. Personally, I do the language slink when I'm "dissatisfied" with a particular service. I paste a s_ _t-eating grin as I face the person unot whom I intend to heap my verbal dis-pleasrue. Then, with a smattering of English and quite a few dollops of Croatian, I let them "know" that they should be taking up very up close and personal care of sheep, goats, and other small mammals and then finishing with a "May you go out there and reproduce yourself." I have emptied my container of bile onto them; I'm sated. They have heard some unprocessable noise along with socially acceptable pronouncements in English. All is fine; no repurcussions are scheduled.

Searchie, on the other hand, may need to be backing up her computer files on an hourly basis. Fred will come back, most probably through her T-1 lines. Wrath will be his!

Comments:
I never thought I’d be sharing a post with the Grand Bats**t Poo-Bah Mel Gibson, but so be it. In terms of sheer, unhinged craziness, there is nothing – nothing, I tell you – that compares with a fundamentalist Catholic in heat. I know from such creatures.

Yes, I was driven over the edge, but I’m a better woman for it, I believe. Other than removal of my spam filter, I don’t foresee a world of pain. And I rather like Nigerian spam, actually.
 
Yes, I agree. Mel Gibson & Searchie in one entry stretches one's comprehensive abilities. But are we not all humans in this condition of daily life?
As far as the unhinged craziness condition, Searchie, I'd have to tweak your point to say that as far as craziness goes, a fundamentalist (insert your choice of religion here) takes the cake. The Golden Mean is what we should be hopefully all striving for, isn't it.

...and I'm still of the (non-fundamentalist) belief that Fred will exact his version of revenge at the time you can ill afford to be computer-less. In fact, I'm calling Vegas to see what the odds are for your computer to crash the day before finals are due. My money's going down for the chips to be fried.
 
Believe it or not, I am something of a techie myself and own two laptops that I always take with me to the office. Since I teach exclusively online, those laptops are vital to my existence.

I back everything up on those machines, so I’m quite capable of defending myself from any warlike activity that might be initiated by my disgruntled friend (which I think makes him even more disgruntled, if such a thing is possible).

What I do think about, though, is a type of retaliation that was on display in the film “The Squid and the Whale.” That makes me very, very nervous. I check doorknobs and drawer handles and chair seats, if you know what I mean …
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter