Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bagging It

A short blurb here. Just a note to myself as to just one more reason why my Ever-Loving Wife is the funniest person happening..well, at least to me.

In a recent "discussion" between the daughter and the E-LW, the former was, in her mind, reacting first to the facial expressions of the latter before the latter's verbal expressions had a chance to affect the former. Confused? So was the E-LW.
"So, you're telling me you're interpreting my words prior to their being spoken by evaluating my facial expressions?", the E-LW said to the daughter?

A firm "Yes" was aired. "In fact", the suddenly clairvoyant daughter went on, "I can tell exactly what you're going to say by what I see happening on your face."

Off to the pantry goes my E-LW. Much noise of the Kraft paper variety ensues. She comes out, a brown bag over her head with eyeholes carefully cut out.

"There, let's talk. You can stare at my blank expression all you want; just listen to my words."

Unfortunately, the "discussion" dissipated into laughter and much rolling on the floor. The E-LW, ever-conscious of the environment, keeps the Conversation Bag handy for the next time.

Because, with daughters (and sons), there's always a next time.

(Thanks to Vit for the "borrowed" drawing)

Comments:
Not just funny, but practical. I've got my bag ready at hand.
 
de nada :)

I'm going to use this when mine are teenagers.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter