Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A World of K.R.A.P.
Folks have asked me what the son has been up to, what with his final year as an undergraduate quickly approaching. I grin and simply say, "He's into some K.R.A.P.".
Well, I don't really say K (pause) R (pause) A (pause) P (pause). I say it using the traditional American pronunciation, so it comes out sounding like "crap". Knowing how proud I am of him, it's a bit disconcerting for any listener to hear that 3 years of college have landed him in merde.
What loving father would be boastful of their kin stuck in dreck?
"Is there some scatological tendencies in this family", they wonder.
No.
The truth is he's in the Land of the Magyars, specifically the
Körös Regional Archaeological Project. Yes, these geologists/anthropologists do have a low sense of self, it seems. But, when you're digging through somone's centurires old detritus, you are possibly digging in some Körös Regional Archaeological Project.

Comments:
I could swear that's the same group I saw dancing in the Birdshill mosh (mud?) pit. Nice to see the smiles.
 
I believe this was a bonding ritual. Not sure if it was Hungarian bonding or if it was geological/archeological bonding. Not privy to either custom, although the net result of either seems to be a pig roast.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter