Wednesday, January 05, 2005

My (Next) Life as a Dog
From the "Nothing New" department of Life comes the 2 x 4 upside-the-head realization that the future is out there waiting to eternalize my very existence. And what is the next life existence to consist of? Well, a short visit to NYC yesterday to catch the taping of Jon Stewart’s first "The Daily Show" of 2005 offered a glimpse. If wishes were a certainty, I’m already practicing my low growl and soulfully deep eye set. It’s the dog’s life for me!
While visiting a family member residing in the Metropolis, a strong desire for water came upon me. Opening the fridge, choices loomed. A Brita filter water pitcher containing NYC’s own H2O squats on a rack.
Or.
Bottles of Fiji bottled water, swaying to some island rhythm.
"This o.k.?", I asked, holding up a bottle of the “fastest growing imported premium bottled water”.
"No. The Brita water will do."
“Because..!??!?”
"….because the Fiji’s for the dog."
Bow. Wow.

I learned later that said canine (a very cute dachshund with an inexplicable fear of me….well, maybe he saw me eying his Fiji), sometimes spends time with his brother in a mutually scheduled dog sit event at his brother's pad. His brother, also an NYC dog, has his own section of an apartment. He also has his own TV. The owners have it tuned to ESPN. Seems the little mutt (and I write with a silent "affection" assumed) loves to watch sports. And only sports.

I’ll be clinging onto life a bit longer. I’m holding out for the panel plasma TV, which will go nicely with my cedar chip filled extra wide La-Z-Boy Alexander Sofa (canine version)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter