Thursday, January 27, 2005

iPod & Golf
Neither. I do neither. I don't iPod (yes, "iPod" is both a verb and a noun) and I don't golf. I'm tempted by both, but I haven't succombed to either.
Yet.
I won't go into the golf thing; it's been beaten to a pulp by various other folks. I've seen what it's done to friends. Doting fathers happy with their surrounding have turned to malcontents perpetually out of their house addicted to the vanishing point of par. Callaway junkies meandering down the aisles of supermarkets, then stopping to take an imaginary swing, the swing that they should have used yesterday..or was that the day before.

The iPod is a different matter, although one that is equal in its draw and its potential for addiction.
My son has had one for a while. Now, my daughter has one as well. She still seems to be normal; I'm not sure how long that state will last.
My son has gone to the dark side. He has worn the graphics of the controls off of the face of the player. He is one with the iPod; his tactile control is now at the skill level of a professional safe-cracker. Programming the music player has extended his nights. Creating the mixes has cut into his socializing. Music has always been important to him, but now he's bordering on the behaviour usually associated with the obsessives on the links.

Golf, he's now also taken up golf. That's him gyrating on the green at 17. I believe it's Mos Def playing on his iPod. No!! A 7 on a par 4!

I see his time being measured in the lengths of songs on his iPod. I really don't want one. Really..

Comments:
it isnt a coincidence that iPod starts with an i.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter