Wednesday, October 13, 2004

It's the little Things
Some days you look for any occurence, happenstance, incident, or murmur to brighten up what's turning out to be a general hoser of a day. Such a day was today, when any mote of positivity was hoped for. E. F. Schumaker's Small is Beautiful is your credo. While waiting for the morning coffee to brew in our Engineering dept (where the best coffee is made! They are exacting in their grinding, their measuring, their filtering of water, and their judicious use of cleaning products), I happened to come upon two slips of paper in my pocket. You know how it is, you're standing there with nothing in your hands, so you take the opportunity to do a complete audit of the contents of your pants. It's a Guy Thing.
Traffic to work that morning had been heavier than usual, some work related reports were due early that day, some of my employees were absent, the weather indicated afternoon drizzle...just a drudgy day. Looking at the slips, I realized I was wearing pants I'd just purchased a few days ago.
Dressing in the dark is always a surprise; one day I realized I was wearing shoes of the same style but of different colors. So this morning's garment adventure had me unknowingly putting on some new slacks. The slips of paper that I'd found were the usual "I have personally inspected every detail of this garment..." with the Inspector's id# noted. Usaully, getting more than one slip means that the Inspector just put in two of his own slips. Not today. Seems 2 seperate Inspectors had been giving the once-over to my trousers. My pants are special...ergo...I am special. Thank you, Inspector #43 and Inspector #37. My day is improving.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home Verging on Pertinence Just some more disposable thoughts clogging up the hinterlands

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Wilmington, Delaware Forecast Locations of visitors to this page eXTReMe Tracker
Loading
follow me on Twitter